7 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE OLYMPUS OM-D E-M10 MARK II
- One of the most important features of the OLYMPUS OM-D E-M10 Mark II is its image quality. At the heart of the camera is a 16.1 effective Megapixel, high-resolution, Four Thirds Live MOS sensor. Coupling this with a TruePic VII processor allows you to capture high-resolution images with lots of detail in both JPEG and RAW, as well as full HD video.
- OLYMPUS has long been a pioneer of image stabilisation and the OLYMPUS OM-D E-M10 Mark II boasts 5-axis stabilisation as used in the pro-level OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1. This class-leading stabilisation system moves the sensor inside the camera to combat up, down, left, right and rotational movements. The result is up to a 4-stop equivalent benefit allowing you to capture sharp images at slow shutter speeds. All this is built into the camera, so you won’t have to buy expensive optically stabilised lenses to benefit from this fantastic feature. It’s especially good for shooting handheld in low light.
- The OLYMPUS OM-D E-M10 Mark II has seen a number of improvements over its predecessor. For example, the electronic viewfinder now features a 2,360,000-dot OLED EVF with 100% field of view, making it one of the highest-resolution viewfinders on a camera of its type. There are also options in the menu to see an unprocessed view through the EVF or you can choose to preview the effects of things such as picture mode, exposure and white balance. Many photographers like the preview effects and shoot with modes such as dynamic black & white and see exactly what they’re going to photograph through the EVF.
- The 3-inch touchscreen LCD has a resolution of 1,037,000 dots and it can be tilted from 80° upwards and 50° downwards to allow you to shoot images from high or low angles. It can also be very useful for shooting video. The touchscreen has many benefits, but one of the biggest is touchscreen autofocusing that allows you to tap the screen on the area you wish to focus on. And did we mention there are 800 AF points to choose from on the screen?
- If you’re into shooting stealthy street photography or wildlife, then you’ll love the silent shutter. Unlike on some cameras, the shutter on the OLYMPUS OM-D E-M10 Mark II doesn’t dampen the sound of a mechanical shutter – it’s electronic, so it is completely inaudible.
- One thing that many OLYMPUS users love is the amount of customisation that’s possible with the OM-D series of cameras. There are three function buttons on the OLYMPUS OM-D E-M10 Mark II that allow you to customise your settings, and other buttons that can also be assigned to suit the user and the way they shoot.
- It looks absolutely beautiful.
I mean…. what’s not to love!