ONLINE LIGHT PAINTING WORKSHOP WITH MICHELLE ESSENSON & THE RPS
18th July @ 2:00pm - 5:00pm BST
Explore the wonderful world of light-painting through this two day virtual workshop with Michelle Essenson!
Due to popular demand – extra date added! The workshop includes a range of practical activities for participants to try out at home in-between the two sessions. To enable participants to gain the most from these activities additional tutor support will be provided via email and a one hour (optional) Zoom meeting. Participants are also encouraged to collaborate, share and support each other. The course is aimed at people with little or no experience. Michelle covers the fundamentals and you will learn how to produce your own unique and interesting light-painting photos using a variety of tools and techniques. The possibilities are endless, and this workshop is a great way to unleash your creativity.
The course is run over two days, as detailed below:
Day 1: Saturday 18th July 14:00 – 17:00 BST
Day 2: Saturday 25th July 14:00 – 17:00 BST
What to have to hand:
- A DSLR or mirrorless camera with a ‘M’ manual control setting allowing ‘bulb’ mode (‘Live Comp’ is an ideal alternative for Olympus users) and the ability to control focus manually.
- A sturdy tripod if you own one.
- Spare batteries.
- Wireless triggers enabling you to operate your own camera from a distance would be ideal. Alternatively, a cable release (or remote control via an app) is helpful. If you are stuck at the point, we’ll find a way for you to manage with shutter delay.
- A torch – the best features to look out for will be covered in the first session. If you have any battery operated ‘fairy’ lights, children light sabres or other small light sources, it’s worth having these to hand too.
- For the practical activities, cardboard (pieces, tubes and small boxes), plastic bottles, old wrapping paper, tin foil, cellophane sweet wrappers etc. may be useful to you – light painting is great for upcycling.
Michelle is passionate about light painting and is looking forward to building people’s confidence and experience with this great genre of photography. Having run her own Learning and Development company for many years, she is a very experienced workshop facilitator and coach. She is known for her creativity and desire to help others unleash their own in fun and supportive learning environments.
You can see more of Michelle’s light painting work on her Instagram.
Ticket Price: £56 – £75
For more information and to book tickets please click here. You will be taken directly to The Royal Photographic Society website.
Disclaimer: Please note that dates, details, fees and information are correct at time of online publication. Olympus Image Space advises you check with individual event organisers for their cancellation policies and rely on the contact details provided by individual event organisers for any updates or confirmation of event specific details after booking. Olympus Image Space cannot be held responsible for any changes or cancellations.